Saturday, May 1, 2010

Canoa - Quito - El Tambo: 25/04 - 27/04



I caught the early bus back to Quito and Maple from Canoa, getting in trouble with Mr. Bus Man for having my feet on the seat. Naughty me. But the bus depot was in Mariscal, so I got to walk home. I caught up with my trekking partner Luke from Melbourne to arrange logistics for the forthcoming adventure and participated in the chocloate and coffee ritual with Kelsey my June 8 birthday sister who was off to the jungle to hunt jaguars.

I was very tired for our Tuesday start after the gym, an early start and the mental strain of packing, but met Luke at SAE where he lived and we set out to El Tambo. On the uneventful bus trip we passed through the scenic beauty of the Cayambe-Coca Ecological Reserve before arriving at El Tambo, a one-horse town at almost 4000m of altitude, where it was raining.

No comments:

Post a Comment